Get Involved with Friends
Friends of Hazelhurst is a non-profit organisation that supports, stimulates and sustains public interest in the Hazelhurst Regional Gallery and Arts Centre, Cottage and Gardens through arts-based social activities, events and fundraising.
If you’d like to become more involved in the local arts community – we’d love to hear from you!
We have a variety of volunteer roles available to suit different skills, interests and commitment levels, and offer each volunteer a great opportunity to shape their role.
Friends of Hazelhurst volunteers organise and promote a series of arts-based social activities and events including:
– Monthly artztalks in the Hazelhurst Theatrette
– Exhibition-based events at Hazelhurst Arts Centre, the Cottage and Gardens
– Bus tours and art walks
As well as this, Friends of Hazelhurst volunteers perform tasks including:
– Writing and publishing a quarterly newsletter
– Website and social media content creation and management
– Organisation and promotion of a yearly exhibition at Hazelhurst Arts Centre, entitled Friends on Show
– Organisation and promotion of a quarterly artist showcase at Sutherland Library, entitled Wall of Art
– Fundraising through raffles and the sale of engraved pavers
In non-committee roles, we need Friends willing to be called upon to help in different ways. For instance, raffle ticket sellers at exhibition openings; assistance on the Friends table at Hazelhurst events; writers (don’t have to be Miles Franklin Award standard) who could help with articles for our quarterly newsletter; lending a welcoming hand at events; being a back-up for others.
Please contact our 2020 President, Stephen Vandenbergh for more information on our FOH organisation and to discuss how you can become involved.
If you would like information on becoming a Hazelhurst Volunteer on the Arts Centre desk, please contact Caryn Schwartz, Hazelhurst Admin, CSchwartz@ssc.nsw.gov.au or 8536 5700.
You can also Buy-A-Brick in support of the gallery.